"Animals are such aggreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."

~George Eliot

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Finally, a moment to introduce myself...

Bear with me on this as I am a blogger virgin.

A brief history of me:

I have just completed and graduated (May 1st) from an intense 4 years of the Veterinary Technology program at Colorado Mountain College. This program does NOT take four years, however after some mishaps with financial aid and a position working full time at a local animal shelter dropped into my lap, I opted to do the extended version. Now that I have completed the program I have accepted a job offer as an ER/ICU technician in Portland, OR. In fact just within the last week I made the treacherous drive from CO to OR with my lovely Mom and moved into my new place with my two little dwarfs (Sneezy and Grumpy). I have 2 weekends of work before embarking on my next journey: traveling to Nicaragua to volunteer with the World Vets organization by providing free medical care to the pet population of San Juan Del Sur.

I am beyond excited to be traveling in 3 weeks with two of the dearest people I have ever known. I am also thrilled to be spending this adventure as a volunteer with the World Vets Organization contributing to a cause that means so much to me.

From the very beginning of my Vet Tech career I have always had a fantasy of dedicating my time to helping animals in need in a far away land. I never thought it would become a reality as quickly as it has.

I am currently up to date on all the insanely expensive vaccines and wondering as well what to do regarding the Malaria. I am just biding my time in my new found city of Portland, OR by packing and saving every penny. I am also cramming as much info on Nicaragua and Spanish as I can into these next few weeks. This is the first time since school I finally feel I actually have the time and energy to do this.

I hope to be able to continue postings from our destination but if for some reason I am unable to find reliable access to the world wide web I will be telling all upon my return. Keep checking in: this is going to be one hell of an adventure.

As McClure mentioned this is the final count down! Donations as well as thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated at this crucial time!!!

Love to you all- Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. Bravo Lindsay :) Thank you for sharing, can't wait to see you in a few short weeks!

    ReplyDelete