"Animals are such aggreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."

~George Eliot

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Final Push

Alright, this is it, the final push! Time to get down to business. School has kept me so busy, but now that is over (for the summer) and I've got many things to do before we leave in 3 weeks. Yep, that's right 3 weeks. There's not a lot of time and we need your help. We are asking for monetary and medical donations. Please, if you have a few extra dollars this week, send it to us. If you have access to veterinary supplies, take a peek at our wish list and send what you can our way. Here's what we need:

Most needed at this time:

2-0 and 3-0 dissolvable suture w/ needle (monofilament, absorbable)
Domitor/Antisedan
Flea/Tick Meds
IV catheters (24 and 22 gauge)
Surgical Gloves (size 6.5-8.5)
Needle Drivers
#2, #1, 0 and 2-0 chromic gut on cassette reels
Doxycycline
Cephalexin
Vaccine DHPP and FVRCP

Drugs:
Amoxicillin
Ampicillin Inj
Fluids (LRS/ saline etc)
Atropine
Clindamycin
Clavamox
Rimadyl
Dewormer
Flea/Tick Medication
Vaccine (DHPP, Rabies, FVRCP, FELV etc)
Isoflurane
Xylazine
surgical scrub
Ivermectin
Heparin
Eye Ointments
Vincristine

Supplies:
Drapes (disposable or otherwise)
Suture 2-0 and 3-0 Dissolvable with needles
Vetwrap/Co Flex
IV Catheters (24,22,20 guage)
Scalpel Blades #10 and #15
Gauze
Surgical Gloves (any size)
Endotracheal tubes
Exam gloves
Catgut suture
IV drip sets
Electric/Portable clippers
#40 clipper blades
muzzles
exam gloves
ID Bands/Paper Collars
Leashes (flat, D-ring)
Digital Thermometers

Other:
Mobile Veterinary Clinic (Dodgen or other)
Anesthetic machines(compact sizes) /vaporizers
Portable Monitors (ie pulse oximeter, portable ekg etc)
Surgical Instruments
Laptop computers
Microscope
Hoof trimming tools (nippers, rasps etc)
Otoscopes/opthalmoscopes
Equine dental equipment (floats/speculum etc)
Headlamps
AAA batteries for headlamps
V positioners for surgery

If you have access to any of these items please email me at ayuda.de.patas@gmail.com and I can give you the address to which to ship the supplies. If you think your veterinarian may be willing to help us, please pass this list on to them, or share our blog with them.

If you are able to make a monetary donation, you can do so through the pay-pal link on this page. Every penny we receive goes to this trip and the World Vets Organization. If you want to help, but don't have the time to volunteer, help us help them by sending us what you can spare. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Had I known earlier that you were accepting donations, I would have given you the large box of 22-gauge IV catheters I brought back with me from my externship. I gave them to Dr. Karen but I imagine you could call or email her and ask her if you could take at least half of them!!!! Tell her I told you it was okay with me, since you guys are needing these for live, needy animals right *now*, as opposed to practice on a fake arm. :)
    I wish you ladies the best and am so proud of you! I hope you have amazing experiences and I can't wait to hear about it. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bri! I'm meeting with Dr. Jeff next week to pick up some supplies, so I'll mention that to him.

    ReplyDelete