"Animals are such aggreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."

~George Eliot

Monday, August 16, 2010

Cliffhanger....

As I sit here today and mourn the impending demise of summer, I realise that my incredibly long to-do list has gotten no shorter, but the amount of time in which to finish it is minuscule.

Among these things to do is up-date this blog. I left everyone hanging with promises of pictures and stories that are unfulfilled. I believe that upon my return from Nicaragua I was so overwhelmed with what we did, what we saw, what we experienced that I couldn't even face trying to put it in words. Nothing I said would make it seem real. Now, two months later, I miss it incredibly! There is a small yearning in the pit of my being clamoring for the color, scent and sound of a life so basic yet so vibrant and undeniably real. I truly believe that my experience in Nicaragua is shaping the path of my future and I owe all of you a big "Thank you!" for helping this happen.


Sunset over San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua June 2010

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Fellow coloradoan here. I loved your pictures so much! I am also going to San Juan Del Sur for a World Vets trip at the end of July. I have set up a blog for my trip and have used your GORGEOUS sunset picture as the background. I accredited your blog for the picture, including a link. If you do not want me to use it, I will kindly remove it. Thank you!
    PS. I am jealous that you got to play with the monkeys; I hope I get to, as well.

    ReplyDelete